DIY Pottery Barn Lampshade


Awhile back, one of my Etsy customers had contacted me and requested that I do a custom lamp shade order for her out of silk flowers. I ended up closing my Etsy shop a few months ago, & since I have had many people ask me how I made this shade. So here is a quick tutorial on how to get the look for less!


My original inspiration came from PB Kids.

Knowing that my client wanted a "fuller" looking lampshade full of flowers,
I went shopping for silk flowers in her color scheme that she requested 
& this is what I came up with! 


I used a mixture of silk flowers from Michael's:  hydrengias, roses, peoneys 
& a plain lamp shade from Target's RE collection

I used wire cutters to cut the stems from the flowers & just started gluing and placing the flowers at random as I went along until I got the look I wanted. Make sure to use A LOT of hot glue!


This is a simple and easy project that anyone can do, but just a tip: silk flowers can get VERY expensive! The flowers for this project alone were just under $55 and some I even got on sale & used a coupon! $55 is a huge savings compared to the $99 original shade from PotteryBarn, but my suggestion is if you plan to re-create this shade, is to gather the flowers over a period of a few weeks, use coupons and check your local craft store sales or try searching for silk flowers online to try and save even more money :)



LINKING UP WITH:

Mod Vintage Life

16 comments so far

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I shared it on my face book page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like yours better!! I have a similar clear lamp...I think it needs a fancy makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! The hot glue holds up despite the light bulb heat? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work the shade looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made one for myself when I was in middle school (10 years ago lol) and I still have it but it needs an update like this! I like yours better than the original too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. adroable! love this and have pinned it to my Home Decor board.

    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
    http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS! I am in the process of making one right now...thank you for a beautiful idea for my baby girl's room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I “am interested in one of your ruffle lamps can u help me please ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating.metal chandelier lampshade

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have Shared great content here about lampshade. I am glad to discover this post as I found lots of valuable data in your article. Thanks for sharing an article like this.
    glass lamp shades

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completo intimo in cotone senza asciugamano
    Questo set è 100% cotone e comodo da indossare,
    Ogni set è confezionato singolarmente.

    Il set contiene:
    1 maglietta a maniche corte,
    1 slip,
    1 paio di calzini e

    Taglia: XXL
    Prezzo: Euro 1.60 / Set
    Confezione: 60 set / scatola "Completo intimo in cotone senza asciugamano
    "

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visit Five Starr Builders to know more about Metal buildings, steel buildings, pole barns and more for residential, commercial and industrial use. If you need any help with this, contact us today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you have chronic neck pain, it is important to see a doctor immediately. You are suffering from a pinched nerve, which can be easily diagnosed by a medical professional. If you are not sure what is causing your pain, try some exercises to help improve your posture. If your neck pain persists, consult a physician for further evaluation. The medical team at the emergency care center is equipped to diagnose the cause of the neck discomfort, and they will probably prescribe you a painkiller. For more information on medicine for neck pain, read on.

    ReplyDelete

Simply Ciani © . Design by The Creative Rise.